I am so excited to share with you 9 best things about being pregnant, these have been on my mind almost daily the last few months. Let’s be honest…the first part of pregnancy can be pretty rough for some. I felt great when I found out I was expecting until about the 6th week. After that, it was a rough next 10 weeks. I literally had a garbage can next to the couch in the living room, my bed, as well as both bathrooms…and used them on a daily basis for those few months. I’m not complaining because I know some people who can’t conceive would happily take these on!
I remember having my in laws over for a week during the nauseous time, and I was pretty proud of myself for making it to the bathroom each time I was about to get sick so I didn’t completely scar them!! HAHA. I’m sure they would have been very understanding, and my mother in law would ask if I was okay each time I came back from the bathroom so I’m sure they could hear every heave from the living room…
But after the sickness wore off, man did I feel great!! I am 34 weeks right now and feeling pretty good. I have been more tired by the end of the day this last trimester and go to bed earlier and sleep longer at night but I still have quite a bit of energy during the day.
Here’s what I LOVE about being pregnant:
1. Healthy Habits – Once I knew I was pregnant (and the week or two before I knew) I was careful about what I was eating right away. Once I found out I was constantly thinking about what baby and my body needed. That isn’t to say that I haven’t had my cravings. Since morning sickness let up about week 16 I allowed myself to splurge on a food craving about once a week. I can count the number of times I’ve had juice on my fingers, and haven’t had a sip of soda since speculating that I might be pregnant. I drank more water than I ever had, and tried to fill my diet with fresh fruits and veggies on a daily basis.
2. Bond – There is no way to explain the bond I feel with my son and I haven’t even met or seen him yet. I have always heard about this, but until I experienced it for myself I could not truly understand. I’m sure I don’t yet understand the love at first sight I will experience when he is born as everyone keeps talking about now. I can’t wait for that moment!
3. Physical Belly – Rubbing and watching my belly is so much fun. Feeling my son kicking me back if I push on my stomach is so special. I love to watch or feel him moving around in there, wondering what body part is poking out at the moment. This is something I am going to miss so much. I told my husband a few days ago that it is going to feel so strange to have an empty belly after he’s born. I feel like I’m going to be pregnant forever at this point!
4. Comfy Clothes – This may be my favorite part of being pregnant other than the bond I feel with the little human I am creating. I have always valued comfort over style, but pregnancy took this to a whole new level. Being as I work from the home, I don’t have to worry about being dressed up or impressing anyone. Those comfortable baggy maternity clothes, I will adore them forever. I don’t know what I’ll do when I’m expected to look decent on a regular basis again, HAHA!
5. Help – I’m not even embarrassed to admit this. I have loved that my husband is willing to clean the bathrooms once a week for me, it is a much needed break from my least favorite household chore. Not only did he do this, when I was sick for 10 weeks in the first trimester, he was the one who did EVERYTHING in the house. I felt bad because he was doing so much, but it was great to see him step up and take care of me. That was such a huge light on the amazing father he is going to be.
6. Strangers – Before I got pregnant, I could count on one hand the amount of times that strangers would smile or make small talk with me. It was a transition to get used to people asking such personal questions, but I love it now. Each time I go to the store for anything, at least one person in the checkout line or cashier/other shoppers will smile and comment about my belly. I remember the first time it really happened a lady that didn’t speak much English came up to me and told me how beautiful I was pregnant. She said some women are not beautiful. But you are so beautiful pregnant. It was such a wonderful compliment and ego boost as I was just coming up on the end of my sickness stage.
7. Little Baby Clothes – Who doesn’t go crazy over little tiny baby clothes? I can’t believe how little they are when holding the newborn clothes, although to think that my son is that size and inside my body right now doesn’t seem possible! One of my favorite things getting his room ready was washing and folding and putting away all of the adorable clothes he will wear shortly.
8. No Cramps – Hallelujah!! I have had such bad cramps since I was a teen that I can’t even tell you how much I’ve loved not having cramps. I used to have to take a couple days off work and school praying it wasn’t the end of my life. The bad part is, I am going to really feel ’em when they come back as I’m not “used to it” anymore.
9. Decorating – I can’t tell you how much fun I had while decorating my son’s room. I didn’t want to have a limiting theme as far as a specific character, animal, etc. So I decided to just use specific colors. I decided to do all white furniture to give a clean look, then decorated with Aqua, Navy & Gray in addition to the white. I think it turned out great. I will be doing a post on the decorations here in a week or two once I finish up a couple more things in his room, so make sure to subscribe to my newsletter to see! I will have links and/or information on where I got specific items.
Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :) This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.