These 10 must have nursery items are things that you really can’t live without! If you are looking to get only the essentials, you’ll want these! While you prepare for the arrival of your little one, make sure you take care of yourself, too! You’ll love my 16 must have pregnancy items post.
1. Diaper Pail – Want to make sure you don’t have to run to the outside garbage can 5+ times per day? Get a diaper pail that seals odors and make the trip only once per day! You’ll be SO glad you did this, especially in the middle of the night.
2. Night Stand or Side Table – While you are nursing or feeding you will want somewhere to put your water, snacks, and phone. This is something that lots of people don’t think about, until you don’t have anywhere to put your essential items.
3. Bassinet, Pack ‘N Play, or Crib – This one is kind of obvious, you need somewhere for baby to sleep. Some people prefer to go right into the crib and not buy the others, but it’s totally up to you and your preference. As long as baby is safe!
4. Linens – or should I say EXTRA linens, and lots of them! You’ll be surprised how often you need to throw the crib sheets or changing pad cover into the wash. Don’t forget the mattress pad, or a sheet saver.
5. Noise Maker – You can get ones that range from $10+ but this will perform miracles when it comes to keeping baby asleep during the day especially when there are noises outside and inside the house. Doorbell, anyone? Barking dogs? Yep, you need a noise maker!
6. Night Light – When you are checking on baby, or nursing while half asleep with not wanting to wake baby up all the way, you’ll be so glad you have a night light. A lamp may be too bright if it’s right next to where you are nursing in the middle of the night.
7. Changing Table – Make sure you load up the table with all the essentials – diapers, wipes, wipe warmers, diaper rash cream, and some toys to distract baby while you do your thing!
8. Baby Monitor – This will give you peace of mind while baby is napping and you are in the other room, checking on the garden in the backyard, without having to run to the room to check every 3 minutes. Trust me, this one you’ll want! They range from from basic to extremely advanced, totally up to you and what you think you’ll be most comfortable with.
9. Wipe Warmer – This is something that may seem unnecessary, but every mother I have talked to has one and loves it. There’s nothing more shocking to a sleeping or already unhappy baby than a cold wipe. Warm wipes will keep baby much happier and in turn you as well!
10. Bouncer Seat – Want to shower in peace? Need to get some dishes done? This bouncer seat will be your best friend when you are on the go around the house and need somewhere for baby to hang out while you do your thing.
-Are you a first time mom? Make sure you check out my 10 Tips for First Time Moms post!Make sure to follow Artsy Mama Bear on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, or subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter! :) This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information.